OstrichSpeak

Ostrich - Speak... Hell what more can i say???!!!

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Curious Cassandra

She scratched his arm just a little, like a bed bug. Gentle, almost unfelt. He sighed in his sleep. Under the surface she found a conversation between lovers.
“You exhale, I bathe myself in your tawny vapors”, said the woman.
“I stand at the edge of your skin and whisper a hundred things. My dreams are velvety gold. Yet, I wake up with the beast inside me”, said the man

Marveling at her discovery and eager to discover further, she placed one sharp fingernail in his chest and scratched a little harder. He moaned and turned onto his back, still slumbering.
“The beast is a function of you that I cherish beyond the realm of the illusory gentleman. When your animal expresses love and desire, it awakens mine. Honest and pure. The sophisticated gentleman is always too polite”, Said the woman
“Given that thought, I’d probably eat you if you were served up on a platter. Feel you, under your skin. But the problem is I can’t live you”, said the man

Putting her nails into the tiny chasm, she dug further. He winced but continued to sleep, imagining he was running but his legs were weighted. She stopped when she found the next tableau.
“This instinct is potent. As long as you carry me, I continue”, Said the woman, frowning sweetly
“I would carry you. On my back for as long as it’s worth. Human cries in the throes of passion belong in the animal world. But how do we sustain this state of intensity? I love you. I don’t want to tire”

She was very excited now. She scraped with all her might in the bloody cavity. His face paled but still he did not wake.
“You scare me my dear”, said the woman “but you invade my thoughts with such startling constancy. That wolf inside you scares me, taunts me yet haunts me”
“I don’t know if it will work, but it’s a cloud that has a thousand silver linings”, said the man “We could very well have a parallel Eden. Some sort of ghost town that lives with normalcy. As for the sleeping wolf, I’ve heard its cries and tried to overlook its light. I’m even more scared to think you’ve seen it already.

Ignoring the pulsing, throbbing organ, she pushed further and further till she found the last thread.
“Am I fooling myself?”, Asked the woman “Am I living in a sea of my own abstraction. That a simple question has meandered so shamelessly?”
“Yes” he replied. Slowly growing fangs, fur and claws and leveling with her throat”

She gasped at this gruesome final curtain, oblivious to the mess she had made on the sheets. Finally he awoke, in unbearable pain. “You wanted intensity in every minute of us. You wanted to see everything all at once. And now you’ve killed me”
She covered her face in her bloody hands and wept uncontrollably as he slipped away.

12 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Definitely intense! Very nice - love the end.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

The notion of perfection, of contentment does not exist without the notion of pain. We push, even when we know what we have is enough. Even when we know what we have is perfect. Even when we know we should be content. Perfection breeds contempt... are we all looking for that bloody chasm to dig our fingers into ?

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

livewire said it! intense is the perfect word.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, ostrich... it's a very beautiful story. thanks for sharing it with us.

@vignesh
>>We push, even when we know what we have is enough. Even when we know what we have is perfect. Even when we know we should be content.

sure, there is a way for us to know what we have is enough. yet, we push even after knowing what we have is enough. that's greed.

but is there any way for us to know what we have is *perfect*? don't you think the reason we push is that we do not know what is perfect? is it not because we want to attain perfection, but have no way of finding out when it's perfect, that we keep pushing? then, if one keeps pushing, looking for perfection, is it tantamount to looking for that bloody chasm to dig one's fingers into? is it not a genuine quest for the ultimate?

and when should one be content? when what one has is enough or when what one has is perfect? people are bound to have different opinions about this.

i think, the greedy are the ones who are looking for that bloody chasm to dig their fingers into. those on the quest for perfection aren't. what say?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger arthur decko said...

mmmmmmmm HOT DAMN, that was like a glass of merlot with a godiva chocolate truffle.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

excellent.
intense and thought provoking and darkly erotic too. loved it to bits.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Phew!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Exquihsite! Delicious!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger bablu said...

No pain no gain. ha. Very intense narration.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger bablu said...

Just listening to your song -"Presence". Good composition. Recording is not good though. Whats D name of your group?

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jugular Bean said...

oooooh! Painfully erotic

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Ummm.. its been more than a week since yer last post.

Is everything... okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home