OstrichSpeak

Ostrich - Speak... Hell what more can i say???!!!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Emotional Rescue

Behind every successful man/woman is a mastery of schmooze. Booze is an important schmooze lube. Kissing ass is just for the small fry with no vision. Tiny brown nosed little people playing tag. The Big Boys play a different game.

The more I interact with people in the entertainment industry here; I get an itch right between my toes. The kind that just drones and makes your eye twitch sometimes. Is this the world I have chosen to belong to? An Itchy, scratchy world. Have I really chosen?

Have an angle, a hook, bait. Reel them in and cross market. Sell your songs. Sing with soul. Sell your soul. Circles after circles after circles.

Here’s my current objective- to make enough money with my first album to make my second album.

It’s a conundrum. Write beautiful songs and pay due attention to muses. Then say beautiful things and pay undue attention to sleaze. The first part is infinitely easier. The songs become more maudlin with every step up and the art isn’t pure anymore.

I want a manager who will deal with the realities of the business. Won’t a Brian Epstein step up to my plate and protect me from this necessary parallel universe that my work travels through?

I had a dream that Ani Difranco offered me a record deal. I was thinking to myself as she smiled at me “Wow, Righteous Babe is an organization I would actually be proud of belonging to”... Should I have been dreaming of Sony Music?

I’m not whining. I will survive this industry. One way or another. Such is the nature of the beast and I will take it on.

As for audio post here's where you can get a song i recorded with my old band

http://www.geocities.com/planetclockwork/Presence.mp3

or

http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Clockwork%20Orange/Presence.MP3

13 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Rat said...

Im sure a Brian Epstien will come along soon and you'll be more famous than the beatles :)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Heard a lot of great things about you from the folk at the 'Octopus's Garden' - so not to worry... soon will be Ossie MBE ;)

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

let me just say, hon, that i admire your work. i'd manage you, but i don't have that kind of clout.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

You would think, wouldn't you, that an industry peopled by creative souls would be jammed packed with likewise sensitive buisness men/women. Unfortunately, the music industry is as equally disingenuous as my own DM medium. Shallow sharks in gargantuan ponds.

No sweat though, talent always shines through it just takes time, dedication and above all else passion.
You have all three.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's a great song!

Hang in there...it'll happen for you! :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Ahhh, Clockwork Orange, that explains it, have surely heard the name of the band, but have I heard the band? Did you ever play in a GIR-Delhi?

And great to know you love Ani. I can't find her music in my damn city though. But I love her poetry. Have a downloaded piece on 9-11 (Self Evident). It's aw-friggin-some.

Oh, in the meantime, the song is loaded, that you? w-o-w!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

kismet. I wrote about you and Ani on my blog.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ani lives a hop and a train ride away from where i live. I was in a performace class taught by the guy who used to manage her. And righteous babe records is housed in the most gorgeous abondoned church in downtown Buffalo. oh ya, i love her too

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger JP said...

Why not write to Righteous Babe records? Screw Sony, we can't all be J.Lo, Cthulhu be praised.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Roger Stevens said...

I've added you to my links. Finally got around to it.

(When it eventually uploads itself)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Holy shit girl!!! You totally rock! =)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn said...

Cool song! It has sort of a Rush feel to it. I really liked the spacey guitar solo part of the jam, but would have liked that part to have been a bit longer. All in all, it rocked.

(The first link didn't work for me, by the way.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home