OstrichSpeak

Ostrich - Speak... Hell what more can i say???!!!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Giant Thumbs

I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of...well...not Oz, but England. The Professori Anglais himself, who can bring an air of sophistication to lyrics like:

"Last time I was sober, man I felt bad.
Worst hangover I ever had.
It took six hamburgers and scotch all night.
Nicotine for breakfast just to put me right”

Today’s the Mark Knophler Concert. I hope to get right up front and watch those Sissy Hankshaw-esque thumbs in full action. Glory Days! Hoping for catch material from “Rag pickers Dream”, yes, yes, I do have a soft and sissy-feminine spot for “Darling Pretty”

Finally! I get to hear “Sultans of swing” the way it’s meant to be played and not from the screeching plectrum of some semi-literate hotel band. And I presume Mark will have all the lyrics down pat and I won’t have to endure (as I have in the past) the verse “Well Harry doesn’t mind, If he doesn’t make the scene…” repeated, ad libbed and ad nauseum, in place of the correct lyrics.

When my sentences get this long, it generally means I’m over-excited. Looking forward to this evening, will report back with Mr. Big Thumb’s activities.

Ostrich, Over and Out…

11 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger JP said...

Yippee for you! I'm still watiting for the Salary Fair to make my dreams come true...euhh.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Have a faaaaaabulous time, you lucky thing!

I like Mark Knopfler, too. Great guitar playing.

Also love Tom Robbins. Especially Still Life with Woodpecker.

Rome was good - but the food was a bit disappointing. The Pantheon was inspiring - and a short, magical interlude along the Tiber with Jill, silvery-grey winter trees, a piebald crow and a guitarist was memorable.

For my thoughts on the Vatican - see my latest poem.

Enjoy the show!!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger eM said...

Hello,
Greatly enjoyed your blog, btw. You look reallyyy familiar, but Im going to keep my suspiscions to myself for the time being.
And Mark Knopfler? Wow. These guys ALWAYS skip Delhi, which pisses me off no end. You get Knopfler and Mick Jagger. We get Shaggy and Bryan Adams. And a pity visit from Sting.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I hope you have a GREAT time... and no peeing aroung the stage. =)

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Awwww man, shucks, why won't the nimble-fingered king-baldy come to Delhi. You, I hope, had fun.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

And *pout* they had Roger Waters n' Jethro Tull. It's not fair.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger JP said...

Well, Bangalore *is* called the pensioner's paradise...

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Neato blog ! The concert was great wasn't, even with his bad throat and all !!

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Bad throat? That's his normal singing voice.

:-)

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger arthur decko said...

have a great time. sultans of swing is one of my all time favorite songs, and you get to hear it live and in person. excellent.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jugular Bean said...

Shucks I wish I coulda come!
*sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home