OstrichSpeak

Ostrich - Speak... Hell what more can i say???!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Meat

I stared at the steaming pile of corned beef in front of me.

It wobbled gently from side to side from the force of its landing

Little bits of onion and tomato made it all the more vivid

I thought to myself, " This meat has issues"

And ate it anyway

Sometimes we are unable to resist pleasures of the flesh

Even if it has a neurotic pesonality

Or does that just make it more appealing on a very base level

Well atleast i didn't have to club it on the head and drag it cavewards

It slopped itself on my plate very compliantly

And i ate it with a fork, napkin tucked into my collar...very civilised

Almost civilised enough to disguise the primordial oozy nature of its appearance

Given a millenia or two it might have evolved into something sentient

Alas today i shall have to deal with dumb meat

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger {illyria} said...

oh my goodness! you're back! :)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Ostrich said...

I am indeed Luv. How have you been? Your blog is shrouded in many veils of mystery these days...much like its author. I've been a bit Lo-fi in the last year. Nice to hear form you again my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home