OstrichSpeak

Ostrich - Speak... Hell what more can i say???!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back and Forth

Spent a week in the mountains with my band Hook. It was such a wonderful trip for the three of us. Went on a trek and picked our own M&Ms. We've finished 2 songs and have half a new one. they're all awesome. All recorded on my trusty MD PLayer, many thanks for loan of microphone to R of TAAQ. Had my first Hallucinogenic experience. It was beautiful. I am an organic girl, its settled. Felt like a little mouse in a shoe, while S played guitar outside the door, thrown open to a spectacular view of the mountains. He made the flowers grow with his music. I was so happy i cried a little. PLenty of Table tennis, Tea, Whiskey, Music and snooker. Speaking of Snooker i think its time for me to graduate from French table to tournament size for good. I played both the boys on one team and me on the other and wiped the table with them. 20-80. T'was a proud moment :)

On a different note, came across a poster for a local music school. It said that the times of Janis joplin and JImi Hendrix were over so its safe to send you little girls and boys there for good clean music lessons. Idiocy is rampant. And that's an incredibly narrow way to look at music. not to mention judgemental. It makes me very angry.

Seen the mountains, now off the beach with my 2 best friends. Gokarna beckons. Intend to float around on the sea and burn like a happy brownie. Back on Monday.

7 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hallucinogenic experience, huh? Damn...I'm jealous...I've never had one (yet!) ;)

Enjoy the beach! :)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

There is no way to put all music in the same category in any way, other than 'it includes sound'. You cannot make what it was, is, or will be end up as the same thing. And it should be interpreted and felt differently by everyone that has the pleasure of hearing it. Now get out there and enjoy that beach! Say 'hi' to the sun for me; haven't seen it in a while.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

So you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving slow?

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

that sounded so bohemian-awesome. i'm genuinely glad you enjoyed (and are enjoying) yourself.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im so jealous! :)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Tartrazina said...

aaaww, we're back! sigh...

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

GOKARNA be exxcellent.... I was there a year back during the monsoon.. it was magical..
cheers
z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home